Thursday, September 17, 2009

Homesick on a rainy day

I wish I could write about happy things,
funny things,
things that make people laugh
and smile
and giggle and
ponder.

But it seems that when I get deep
inside myself
there isn't a lot to laugh about
lately
or giggle over
and ponder with a smile.

Funny thing is,
there are no funny things
that make me laugh
or smile or giggle
that I want to write about
to anyone.

Sad, isn't it?

Maybe it's just a phase I'm working through
A by-product of living
life in a country not mine
whose people are not mine
whose language is not mine,
at all.

History tells me that this phase will end
and my heart will rebound
as it usually does;
With the coming spring
rampant with flowers and birds and sunshine
I will be resurrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your ponderings?