Friday, January 28, 2011

Magnificence

Rumbles, roars, crashing cymbals
drew me to the verandah.

Oppressive heat, humidity
acquiesced to storms on the evening of the third day of stagnant weather.

Springtime sunset behind black, ominous clouds;
gold and fuchsia spread across greening grass and black pine treetops.

Dusky rims of cumulus clouds light up with
paparazzi-like flashbulbs, circling my haven,
my home.

"The God of Glory thunders..."
"The Voice of the Lord is powerful, the Voice of the Lord is majestic."

"Out of the brightness of His presence, clouds advanced
with hailstones and bolts of lightning."

"The Lord thundered from heaven,
the Voice of the Most High resounded."

The scent of sulphur; sun-baked grass and
rain on hot asphalt, fills my nose.

God's display of His presence
fills my soul.

Lightning bolt after bolt
in quick succession draws closer to home.

A pulsing blue-white spear thick as a tornado hits the ground with a heart-shuddering crash.

Thunder shouts, crackles and rumbles
overhead.

My hair stands on end while I gape.

"From the throne came flashes of lightning,
rumbles and peals of thunder."

...Your Majesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your ponderings?