Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chaos

Out of the swirling vortex of my mind
Full of half-formed thoughts
Un-named emotions
And fallow ground,
Lies a desire to create something, anything
With words.

I think of God
Who spoke
(Did He whisper, did He shout?)
Substance into that vast chaos
And created
All that we know.

At His command
There was light
And darkness,
Constellations,
Vegetation and water,
Animals and man.

And then
(Crescendo building)
There was woman.
Creation continues inside of her
With every child she bears,
A reflection of His original creativity, His original thought.

And so I sit at this computer
And ponder
And wonder
Why I've been given this creative gift
Of living
Via words on a page.

I wish I could speak;
To have an article already written,
Prose that makes sense,
A book to bring attention to societal wrongs...
Words to make any difference at all--
A crescendo.

But I am not God.
I am just me.
In His image,
Given a gift of words.
But unlike Him I strive, vainly at times
To make sense of the chaos in me.

2 comments:

  1. AH HA! I knew you were a feminist! By golly. What would Abraham say to Sarah if he heard her use this kind of language? Make me a Mana Pita!
    Thats what.
    Its got emotions to it. Good piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh, Jason. Send the gospel hounds to corner this "feminist." You know the saying, "save the best for last." Glad you liked it. I was stuck, and this mental meandering helped me get un-stuck a bit. By the way, what's a Mana Pita? Sort of like a Pina Colada? Mom

    ReplyDelete

What are your ponderings?