Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thoughts on latest blog

I had a bit of an "oh!" moment yesterday.

Steve purchased a "tinny," which is Australian for rowboat, so I can go fishing, and he can learn something other than spear-fishing. (That's another blog altogether, and a humorous one at that.) But I digress.

Anyway, Steve got this 12-foot, three bench tinny on e-bay, and we had to pick it up in Maffra, which is about 30 minutes from Sale, Victoria, where his sister and brother-in-law and two nephews live, about 4 1/2 hours from our home, one-way. We were short on time, but decided to visit family nonetheless. Being a busy Saturday, we were only able to catch up with Mike the brother-in-law and sons, Kieran and Patrick, the latter was playing a tennis tournament. Just a few minutes of chit-chat.

During those few minutes, Mike asked about our helicopter ride in Geelong a couple of months ago. He mentioned reading my blog and waiting for the rest of the story. I hadn't posted that story yet, although I did post a photo. I was surprised.

I was also surprised in the last week to find that someone I thought was a long lost friend had contacted me via my blog and said she read my stories to her youngest son. That was the only post I'd heard from her, and was pleased that she had been reading what I wrote. But I had no idea.

I have forwarded my blog address to several friends and family members, but only two or three comment fairly regularly, and so I figured that not many people visit my site, or are even interested in my thoughts.

I suppose I have been mistaken.

So, I apologize that I have not written and posted photos more frequently. Mike made a comment in passing about my blog being the way to catch up on what's going on with Steve and I.

Honestly, I never thought of that.

So...here's a heartfelt apology, a vow from me to make this venue of communication more of a priority, and a request that if you have time after you read anything, please send a note via this blog or my personal e-mail of what YOU think about what I've written. I don't have the same avenue of insight into your lives that you do with mine. If there isn't time to respond or you have nothing to say, that's okay. I understand, truly. But if you do, please do.

Thank you all so much for bearing with me, and for reading my ponderings. It really means a lot that you do, more than you know. You are my link to helping me still feel connected and loved while I try to connect in this new place of home in Australia.

Much love, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your ponderings?