Sunday, March 22, 2009

Woman waiting

A woman who is bereft of kindness

from churchy people

is in her church;

she stands alone.

Couples with young children

And couples with older children

grown and gone

drift together

and drift apart

and join a disjointed circle

before the service.

They clasp hands in

fellowship over

coffee and tea

and stale cookies.

But she drifts alone

from couple to couple

who have no idea

how to talk to her.

She's different.

She's outside the

comfort zone.

She thinks,

"Here I go again,

another try.

I sit in church and wonder why.

I wait, and wait

For Bible learning to begin

But waiting for so much more.

I'm waiting for my soul to wake up;

A touch from God;

The sure knowledge of His Presence.

Is anyone listening to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your ponderings?